Tuesday, March 12, 2013

To Be Loved

Mostly I just use this blog to post about my thoughts about life. Tonight I want to post about something a little gushy. I spent a lot of time having people leaving me. My parents and my sister were always there. But friends, boyfriends, a lot of them really hurt me, especially the ones that I thought were important to me.
And then one day, Selleck walked into my life. And everything changed. I had thought I had been in love before, but I had no idea what love was. It wasn't until Selleck and I started dating that I really learned what it was like to love someone, to never want to lose someone, to want to spend the rest of your life with someone.
The other thing I learned because of Selleck, is what it is like to be loved. And not just in a familial we love you because we are related to you kind of way, but to really be loved for all that you are by someone who has no reason to have to love you, but does anyway. I learned what it was like to let someone new in and to trust someone with everything and every part of myself. I now know what it is to feel like I don't have to hide part of myself. I have never so fully revealed who I am to someone, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And for some reason, even having seen it all, he still wants to spend the rest of his life with me too. I feel so extremely blessed to have someone in my life that makes me feel so amazing about myself with nothing more than just a look. Having someone love me has made me into so much of a better person. He makes me smarter and stronger. And he makes me so much more confident. He makes me want to do amazing things. I just hope that my loving him does all the things for him that he does for me.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

1 comment:

  1. ♥♥♥ this made me cry lol, exactly how I feel about Jesse- I am soooo happy for you two!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete