Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dress For Success

This time when the phrase "dress for success" is used, I'm not referring to dressing professionally for your job. I'm talking about something a little different...
I've been having a lot of self-esteem issues lately. With a new disease I've been contending with and weight gain from the medication I haven't been feeling all that great about myself, regardless of how many times my fiance tells me how beautiful he thinks I am. I'm done with that now though. No more self-pity. It's not like I gained a ton of weight, just enough to make my pants not fit, it was a fight to put my jeans on. And it is really difficult to feel good about yourself when you can't easily put your pants on. This weekend though, I got some jeans that are the new correct size, a large width belt (that's super cute!) to wear around my waist on those days when I feel like I have more to hide, and a couple other new pieces just because they are cute. And that's it. I'm not having the self pity party anymore.
...So when I say dress for success, I'm talking about success of self. I'm not allowing myself to dress how I feel anymore, I'm going to dress how I WANT to feel. I want to feel good, so I'm going to dress in a way that makes me feel good. That is not to say I'm giving up the sweatpants when I'm chilling at home. Or that I'm giving up the big cozy sweatshirts because I'm still in college, I get exhausted, and it's fricken freezing here. I'm just not going to wear it so often anymore. I'm going to feel good from now on.

"Glamour is about feeling good in your own skin." -Zoe Saldana

No comments:

Post a Comment